Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Effective June 1, 2021, a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) on all Raffel Systems products will be in effect. International accounts must reflect pricing as translated into their local currency.
Raffel Systems has been building a brand of strong recognition and a high-perceived value. By not adhering to the established Minimum Advertised Price (MAP), a reseller can have a dramatic effect of diminishing or detracting from the perceived value of the Raffel Systems brand and its products. The internet, with its worldwide impact, has the possibility to cause great harm to any company's products if they are advertised at prices that will eliminate any legitimate retail competition. Our MAP pricing policy is intended for consumers to purchase from other resellers based on loyalty and customer care expectations. Therefore, if Raffel Systems agrees to allow your company to sell its products, you will need to agree and abide by the following requirements and restrictions. The MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- The Minimum Advertised Price for any product shall be no less than the current Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the price sheet. MAP pricing is established by Raffel Systems and may be adjusted by Raffel Systems at its sole discretion.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Raffel Systems products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
- The MAP policy is not applicable to:
- any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s) outside of their store
- any email newsletters sent to your customer database
- If pricing is displayed in other than a brick and mortar retail store, any strike-through or other alteration of the Minimum Advertised Price is prohibited.
- MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer's retail location or over the telephone. Raffel Systems dealers and sales representatives remain free to sell these products at any price they choose.
- MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and sales representatives may offer Raffel Systems products at any price in excess of the MAP.
- Raffel Systems MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that "they have the lowest prices" or, they "will meet or beat any competitors price", that consumers should “call for a price" or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP.
- Dealer agrees to hold all trademarks and copyrights of Raffel Systems as the property of Raffel Systems and use advertising materials provided by Raffel Systems in an authorized manner only.
- Intentional or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of dealership or sales representatives. Raffel Systems does not intend to do business with dealers or sales representatives who degrade the image of Raffel Systems and its products. It is Raffel Systems’ sole discretion whether or not to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy.
- E-Bay and Other Auction Web Sites Policy:
- “Buy it Now" options must be listed at a price equal to MAP or greater.
- For auctions, the reserve and/or opening bids must start at MAP without a "Buy it Now" option.
- Best Offer Auctions Are Not Allowed.
- Negotiated Contracts: From time to time, it may be explicitly approved by Raffel Systems in writing to sell certain Raffel Systems products at below MAP pricing. The discount amount and length of time will be determined at the time of this approved promotion by Raffel Systems.
- Raffel Systems may run a sale from time to time and in such case, the MAP will be the same as the sale price on those particular items and on those particular dates. Raffel Systems will send out a notice in advance with details of the special.
- Raffel Systems has unilaterally adopted this Policy and will sell only to those authorized Dealers who, in the sole and independent discretion of Raffel Systems, advertise the Raffel Systems products at or above the minimum advertised prices, which Raffel announces from time to time (“Map”). This Policy does not constitute an agreement between Dealers and Raffel Systems, and Raffel Systems is not seeking a response from Dealers, nor will Raffel Systems accept any agreement about a Dealer’s compliance with this Policy. This Policy simply describes conditions under which Raffel Systems may, in its sole discretion, choose to sell Raffel Systems products to a Dealer.